My 7th grade students are in the process of becoming "resident doctors". They have been given a patient to research and then give a 2 minute speech. They must be able to answer questions from the "audience"
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
That is a really good idea! It really elicits higher level thinking when students have to both come up with questions to ask and judge the performing student based on their answer. Cool.
I agree, Cherie, that's a great idea. You teach middle school, right? I love finding activities for students to do that are completely different than what they've done before. I have a really cool unit/culminating lesson on disabilities and such. I think some of it would work great with middle schoolers. Let me know if you're interested. Don't worry if not, its all good! Have a great day and keep up with the great work!
Since I only work at school part time and I am only teach health, there isn't alot to report. My 8th graders are finishing a unit up on character building and relationships with others. Instead of giving them a test at the end of the unit, they are creating 2.5 minutes skits that represent one of the topics. They must include some of the information from the unit to help build the characters' personalities. They are having a lot of fun putting it together.
I am the Middle School, 7th & 8th grade Health Teacher. I have 2 kids - one in 6th grade and the other a Junior in high school. I coach under-14 boys soccer in the fall and track in the spring. I am the Band Booster president and do a lot of chaperoning with the band. I consider myself very active in the school district.
3 comments:
That is a really good idea! It really elicits higher level thinking when students have to both come up with questions to ask and judge the performing student based on their answer. Cool.
I agree, Cherie, that's a great idea. You teach middle school, right? I love finding activities for students to do that are completely different than what they've done before. I have a really cool unit/culminating lesson on disabilities and such. I think some of it would work great with middle schoolers. Let me know if you're interested. Don't worry if not, its all good! Have a great day and keep up with the great work!
Since I only work at school part time and I am only teach health, there isn't alot to report. My 8th graders are finishing a unit up on character building and relationships with others. Instead of giving them a test at the end of the unit, they are creating 2.5 minutes skits that represent one of the topics. They must include some of the information from the unit to help build the characters' personalities. They are having a lot of fun putting it together.
Post a Comment