This sounds like a great idea. Normally i just give my students a disease and they must research and create a visual display with a presentation. Do you make up these yourself or is there a site that they can research the information from?
I like this idea alot. Last year I had the students a client and they had to come up an exercise program to fit their lifestyle and change their diet in order for them to live a healthy life.
I used a website that kind of gave me the idea of the project, but I took it and revised it to fit my class. The worksheet they receive has 4-6 major questions that I want to make sure they hit on. Also, each student has an ID number with the patient description: male or female and the age. They can be looking up dieases of the heart to fetal alcohol syndrome to bulima. When they give their speech they wear the doctor lab coat. My 7th graders love it! I also call them Dr. (last name)
This sounds like a great idea for an alternative assignment/assessment. Sometimes the usual assignments in Health class can get a bit dry and boring, so it is always good to spice it up a little and have the students do something they will take an interest in.
I am the Middle School, 7th & 8th grade Health Teacher. I have 2 kids - one in 6th grade and the other a Junior in high school. I coach under-14 boys soccer in the fall and track in the spring. I am the Band Booster president and do a lot of chaperoning with the band. I consider myself very active in the school district.
4 comments:
This sounds like a great idea. Normally i just give my students a disease and they must research and create a visual display with a presentation. Do you make up these yourself or is there a site that they can research the information from?
I like this idea alot. Last year I had the students a client and they had to come up an exercise program to fit their lifestyle and change their diet in order for them to live a healthy life.
I used a website that kind of gave me the idea of the project, but I took it and revised it to fit my class. The worksheet they receive has 4-6 major questions that I want to make sure they hit on. Also, each student has an ID number with the patient description: male or female and the age. They can be looking up dieases of the heart to fetal alcohol syndrome to bulima. When they give their speech they wear the doctor lab coat. My 7th graders love it! I also call them Dr. (last name)
This sounds like a great idea for an alternative assignment/assessment. Sometimes the usual assignments in Health class can get a bit dry and boring, so it is always good to spice it up a little and have the students do something they will take an interest in.
Post a Comment