Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Coaching

This fall I am helping coach boys under 14 soccer, but I am not the head coach. The head coach has been coaching for many years but in my view is struggling with practice. We do the exact same drills day in and day out, which are always shooting drills. I have tried to suggest some ideas and he seems to be ok with them, but I don't want him to feel like I am trying to take over. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 comment:

lisasru3 said...

I think suggesting that you both set goals for the team. The goals can be overall goals for the season. Other goals can include what needs work specific to that teams strengths and weaknesses. If you don't want to seem like you are taking over, simply ask him what the goals are for these areas? does he have any? if not, shouldn't some be established? That can be an uncomfortable position. Good luck and I hope this helped!!