Wednesday, October 29, 2008

How much do you know about food game

The last day of the quarter I give my classes a chance to find out how much they know about the food they eat. I took 22 foods out of my cupboard, refrigerator, or freezer that they would commonly have in theirs. I write down all the ingredients and they have to come up with the type of food it is. Out of the 22 foods, the most correct is 13. Then we talk about corn syrup and other hidden sugars and what are all those ingredients that they are eating. They seem to really like it. One of them I listed the ingredients from dog food. They get a kick out of it when they find out that is what it is.

2 comments:

Suz41 said...

Cherie, I would have loved to have you as a health teacher in high school. . .well middle school. I think you have really cool, informative ideas that allows students to learn the information, but in a fun way. Great job and keep up the good work. Pat on the back for you! *pat pat pat* :)

I wish you could come teach a few classes at our school!

SoccerMom said...

Thanks for the compliment. I really appreciate it. I really try to make health as fun as I can. I know that some of the subjects they take, information is just dictated to them and then they take a test. I guess I learned what not to do in the classroom. But thanks again for the compliment.