Thursday, October 30, 2008
First Aid
Since I only teach health, I can only give you some of the things that I do in class. Today was the last day of the quarter and I gain new kids on Monday. My 8th graders ended the first aid unit with putting together a first aid kit. I put them in groups of about 3-4 and they had to make up a kit of their own. Then I brought in mine and we compared. (I found that I should add a few things in my kit.) The kids did a wonderful job and I challenged them to go home and look at their own first aid kit and encourage their parents to put one together. They had a good time with this one. They actually tried to beat me and have more items in their kits. I thought for next quarter, I would give out bandaids as a "good job" prize.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are so creative with your classes. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out since I only have PE classes. I am the only female, so I can't teach Health since I watch the locker room. I always pass on your ideas to our health teacher and student teachers from SRU. It is so great to see their creativity with projects and how we learn new things from them. Very exciting!!! Did you ever try the visiblebody.com sit yet? It is really neat.
Post a Comment