Monday, October 27, 2008
Review Game
Today all my classes were reviewing for the test tomorrow. They love when we play this game before test day. I divide the class into small groups of 2-3. Groups are different every time. Each group gets a dry erase board, pen and paper towel. They were told to review ahead of time on their own because 2 bonus points was going to be added to the winning team's test. I ask them questions and if their group comes up with it, they get a point. If not, no point is awarded. I don't look for speed, but accuracy. Sometimes I will give bonus points for correct spelling or for multiple answers. They are competing against other teams so the room is usually quiet because they don't want other teams to hear them. Very simple, but something they look forward to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I loved when we did review games when I was high school. This makes the class fun I think, and it helps the students learn. Most people are competitive so if their is a competition they will do their best to win.
Post a Comment